Our CSR Activities
The CSR activities we pursue will be in line with our stated Vision and Mission, focused not just around our plants and offices, but also in other geographies based on the needs of the communities.
The four focus areas where special Community Development Programmes would be run are:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition
- Provision of food, nutrition supplement, clothes etc. for the poor, children and other deprived sections of the society.
- Supporting nutrition in anganwadi centers and building capacities of anganwadi workers to this effect.
- Provision of shelter for homeless.
- Promoting sanitation, making available safe drinking water.
- Supplementing of Govt. schemes like mid-day meal by corporates through additional nutrition
- Promoting Health care including Preventive Health care through awareness programmes, health check-ups, provision of medicine & treatment facilities, providing pre-natal & post-natal healthcare facilities, prevention of female feticide through awareness creation, program for preventing diseases and building immunity.Provisions for aids and appliances to the differently-able persons. Trauma care around highways in case of road accidents.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability and ecological balance through :
- Plantation drives in schools, villages, our manufacturing units & offices/business premises and other areas in general;
- Reviving endangered plants, promoting agro-forestry;
- Protection of flora & fauna;
- conservation of natural resources
- Maintaining quality of soil, air & water.
- Adoption of wastelands to cultivate plants;
- Promoting biodiversity;
- Animal welfare and veterinary services.
- Technical support and Knowhow for improving farming and building capacities of small farmers.
- Promoting alternate energy resources.
- Doing our own research on the field for individual crops to find out the most cost optimum and agri–ecological sustainable farm practices. (Applied research) with a focus on water management.
- To do Product Life Cycle analysis from the soil conservation point of view.
- Renewable energy projects.
- Employment and livelihood enhancing vocational skills and projects including tailoring, beautician, mehndi application, bee keeping, food processing and preservation, vermi-composting and other Life Skill Training and livelihood enhancement projects. Capacity building for farmers covering best sustainable farm management practices and Training Agriculture Labour on skill development.
In addition, the Company has identified the following areas for Community Development interventions:
- Promotion of education especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled including:
- Non-formal education programmes.
- Supporting schools with infrastructure like benches, toilets, potable water, fans etc.
- Supporting other educational institutions.
- Improving educational facilities in general.
- Supporting children for higher education.
- Promotion of Road Safety:
- Promotions of Education, “Educating the Masses and Promotion of Road Safety awareness in all facets of road usage,
- Drivers’ training,
- Training to enforcement personnel,
- Safety traffic engineering and awareness through print, audio and visual media
- Social Business Projects: “giving medical and Legal aid, treatment to road accident victims should be included.
- Providing effectiveconsumer grievance redressal mechanism.
- Protecting consumer’s health and safety, sustainableconsumption, consumer service, support and complaintresolution.
- Consumer Protection Activities
- All consumer protection programmes and activities” on the same line as Rural Development, Education etc.
- Donations to IIM [A] for conservation of buildings andrenovation of classrooms.
- Promoting gender equality and empowering women including:
- Adult literacy for women.
- Promoting and providing credit support to women's self-help and joint liability groups.
- Training in vocations pursued by women.
- Setting up homes for women & orphans;
- Setting up old-age homes & other facilities for senior citizens
- Setting up hostels for working and student women, day care centers for kids of working women
- Dowryless marriage
- Widow remarriage
- Contribution or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government.
- Rural Development Projects.
- Other Activities
- Promotion of Sports with special focus on training for rural sports, nationally recognised sports, Paralympic sports, Olympic sports.
- Welfare for differently disabled persons
- Setting up public libraries
- Reducing inequalities faced by the socially and economically backward groups
- Protection of national heritage, art, culture and handicraft; Restoration of Buildings & sites of historical importance & works of art.
- Welfare of armed forces personnel, war widows and their dependants
- Employing people and incurring other costs to carry out aforesaid activities.
- Incidental Activities.
- Such other activities as the Board may consider to be appropriate.